Click here to read
Late entrants are asked to remember to bring their tickets, NT cards if members, and to download the information itemised below
Only two places remain available on the Long Walk!
The information below has been sent to those already entered. Later entrants should make sure they have downloaded the appropriate linked documents.
- a map of the Long Walk
We recommend you use your own OS Landranger map 204 or Explorer map 105
- an individual donation form for Gift Aid
- a multiple sponsors/donation form with Gift Aid
- a confidential health questionnaire (if required please download, complete, and bring with you to the Walk)
Online registrations will close at 20.00 on 24 September.
A small number of registrations in person may be available on 25 September and will close at 09.30. If you think you may wish to take advantage of this opportunity, please email to this address as soon as possible.
You will be able to purchase items for breakfast from the National Trust café near the registration area. On offer will be bacon baps and baguettes, fruit salad, tea and coffee, and other breakfast snacks.
Please remember to bring your tickets to ensure your free parking (if not a NT member) and to register.
If you are a NT member, please bring your membership card and swipe it through a reader to credit the Trust with £3.65.
And put the emergency contact number for the Walk in your phone
(the National Trust office which will be staffed all day).
Messages will be relayed by RAYNET volunteers.
Welcome again to our annual charity Fal River Walk, in association with the National Trust at Trelissick.
This year’s Fal River Walk is generously sponsored and supported by
As last year, there will be a Long Walk of about 15 miles, and a Short Walk of about 6 miles, both starting and finishing in the Stable Yard at Trelissick. All-day parking, specially arranged ferries, and a serious cream tea are included in the price for walkers – great value for money, we believe.
Regular supporters may wish to go direct to the Eventbrite booking system – click here
Fal River Walk 2016
Only one change this year – but two special offers and a Prize Draw
First prize: Hotel Tresanton, St Mawes Three course lunch for two people
Second prize: Ocean Falmouth BMW Weekend use of new BMW car (Ts & Cs)
Third prize: Fal Ferries Family “Fal Mussel Card” 1 day travel pass
A total of ten valuable prizes have been generously donated by businesses associated with the route – see the list here
Buy your tickets on the day or from any member of the Rotary Club
Continuing from last year, participants are not being asked to raise sponsorship from friends and families as a condition of entry. Instead, over half of the entry fees will be shared by the charities. However, HMRC regulations do not allow this arrangement to attract Gift Aid.
To help us increase the proceeds for charity, we hope you will wish to make further donations which are able to benefit from Gift Aid either at the time of booking or through sponsorship or other means.
This link will enable you to download a form to record any donations you may collect, as well as donors’ Gift Aid consent. This link will produce a Gift Aid declaration form for a donation made at the time of booking
First special offer – any individual walker raising £50 or more by sponsorship will be refunded the entry fee.
Second special offer – a prize will be awarded to the walker raising the most sponsorship.
Third special offer - walkers registering before midnight on 31 July will each receive an “early bird goody bag” at the start. (1 August – this offer has now closed. Thank you to all the early birds!)
- The one change this year concerns the Long Walk of 15 miles. Again starting and finishing at Trelissick, by popular request and because the tides are suitable, Long Walkers will set off west to Feock and Restronguet Point, and thence to Mylor and Flushing – in other words, the reverse of 2015. A ferry journey from Flushing to St Mawes will bring you to the start of the final leg through St Just in Roseland to Turnaware Point, where a short crossing will bring you back to the Trelissick pontoon.
- For 2016, we are again offering a Short Walk (around 6 miles) from St Mawes back to Trelissick. This should be especially attractive for families. Participants will enjoy an extended ferry ride along the Fal from Trelissick to St Mawes, from where they start their walk along the eastern side of the Fal. We hope this will prove popular again.
- For both routes, a short stretch west along the south Woodland Walk will bring walkers back to the parkland, then uphill to the finish in the Stable Yard and tea.
- Once more, we are being generously supported by Cornwall Ferries, who are specifically arranging the crossings for this event.
These journeys are not available on any other occasion, making this event a unique experience in the year.
- Since approximately half of the entry fees are donated to our charities, we believe that the overall charge offers exceptional value compared with other Fal River journeys, and indeed other days out at major attractions, local and national.
- Attractively-priced Family Tickets are available on both the Long Walk and the Short Walk, for two adults and up to three children under 16.
- Radio communications along the routes will be expertly supplied once more by Cornwall RAYNET
- Before the start, walkers will be able to buy breakfast from the National Trust caterers. At the finish, our usual generous cream tea will be served under canvas in the Stable Yard.
Registration, booking and further information
The fees are the same as last year – for the Long Walk £30 (individual) and £80 (families of two adults and up to three children). For the Short Walk the fees are £25 and £60 respectively.
Please click here to link to the Eventbrite booking and payment system, which is the only means of signing up for the event.
Other detailed information (e.g. about timings, Gift Aid, walking advice etc.) will be emailed to participants in due course.
Answers to a number of Frequently Asked Questions may be found here.
If you need to contact us please click here